You're at the
Posting Interface FAQ
Search Engine FAQ
- What is the Basement?
- What makes it into the archive?
- What DOESN'T make it in? Is there content that will cause the archive to refuse a story?
- What the heck IS slash, anyway?
- How frequently is the archive updated?
- How exactly are authors listed in the archive's index pages?
- Is there a way to make certain that my story does (or does not) get archived if I send it to any of the X-Files slash lists or to the archive email address?
- What information do I need to include with my story?
- Should I include episode spoilers or other warnings with my story?
- Is there a specific way to list the title of my story on the email lists that will help with archiving? Something special for stories with multiple parts?
- In what format should I post my stories to the lists? Are there other tips that might help?
- What if my story is listed incorrectly in the archive?
- Can I send HTML pages to the archive?
- Will the archive link to a specific story on my web page?
- Will the archive be here forever?
- What do I do if I still have questions or need help with something else?
10. Is there a specific way to list the title of my story when posting to the email lists
that will help with archiving? Something special for stories with multiple parts?
When you write the subject header for your post, please label it in one
of the following ways:
- If it's a finished story that can stand alone, label it this way:
- Trust Me (1/1) or if this post were the first of four: Trust Me (1/4)
- If it's a series, use the series' name and a roman numeral for each story
- Trust Me II (1/1) or, if it were the first of five parts, Trust
Me II (1/5).
- Each story in the series can have separate names, like:
- Trust Me II: Water (1/1) (or 1/# if multi-part)
- If it's unfinished, not completely written yet, label it this way:
- Trust Me (1/?) or if it's a sequel, Trust Me II (1/?)
- Or if you're posting a long story by chapters, label the individual
installments as chapters, like this:
- Trust Me Chapter 3 (1/1) or, if posting in multi-parts, Trust Me
Chapter 3 (1/#)