7. Is there a way to make certain that my story does (or does not) get archived if I send
it to one of the email lists or to the archive email address?
If you submit it directly to Down in the Basement thru the Submission page (click on the
link on the menu at the top of the page), it'll get archived. And again, all stories
appearing on the X/Story list are pulled for archival, with the following exceptions:
- If you do NOT want a particular story archived:
PLEASE put *DO NOT ARCHIVE* in the headers of part 0 or 1 of your story if:
- You don't want it archived at all.
- Plan to revise it before having it archived.
- You plan to wait and send it to us all at once.
- It's a repost of story that's already on the archive.
- If you do not want any of your stories archived, just contact
the archivist with a blanket statement requesting that the archive ignore all of your
stories, and your request will be honored. Please be sure to include the
name/pseudonym you write under so the archivist will know whose stories should not be
If you post your story to other XF slash mailing lists and want your story archived at Down
in the Basement, please include either "Archive: Basement" or "Archive: Anywhere" in the